Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Comments on John

The prayer for all of us should be that Christ would disclose himself to us.  This should be our greatest desire throughout our lives:

John 14:21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

How does He?  When we love to keep His commands.  It reminds me of Ps. 25:14, "The secret of the LORD is for those who fear Him, And He will make them know His covenant."


If we want to know the secret of God's covenant and to really know the Lord Jesus, we must abide in Him through keeping His commands.  Jesus said, .."So that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me."


As the Son delighted to obey His Father and was vindicated so must we.


"You are My friends if you do what I command you."  This is our food.

No comments: